Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The average American gun owner has five guns; some people have hundreds

In the category of things that are interesting to know, but don't necessarily make a body feel better, here's this thread from G+.

I'm really glad I posited the question, but the answers actually freaked me the fuck out more.

Then again, I'm not a gun owner, so the idea of people who spend tens of thousands of dollars on tools built to kill just doesn't make a lot of  sense to me.  I've blown up my fair share of clay pigeons, but recognizing the destructive potential of firearms actually made me less comfortable about them existing.

That doesn't mean I think we should do anything stupid like try to ban firearms; rather it really makes me more open to thinks like mandatory training in the law before being allowed to own one, or mandatory liability insurance for owning one.



No comments :

Post a Comment