Tuesday, November 22, 2016

9-11 never forget - 11-9 always regret

Sigh. Some people have described the shock and despair of "11/9/2016" as feeling very much like "9/11/2001" - and frankly, given the nasty, fascist rhetoric of President Trump * during the campaign, anyone who is not white, not Evangelical Christian, and not male, _does have a lot_ to worry about, so the sense of displacement, fear, and "WTF happens next??" is legit. ** BUT - I wrote this piece, and I meant it. The office of the President of the United States demands a certain decorum and respect. It doesn't mean I have to agree with a damn thing President Trump *** wants, and I am free to oppose him at every lawful and ethical opportunity ****, but I will show some respect for the Office. This is going to be a long couple of years. 




(* Yeah, I threw up in my mouth a little bit, just writing that.) 

(** Fuck you white men who are too wrapped up in yourselves to grasp that people have very legitimate reasons to be afraid of the new President. As a woman, here are a few to help you get started:

(*** Hang on, I need to go rinse out my mouth.) 

(**** For a statement of resistance, see 
)

No comments :

Post a Comment